Thank you to everyone who has helped out so far! The volunteer efforts have been phenomenal. At this point volunteers are not meeting at the Municipal Building in WRJ. You can come straight to West Hartford. The information/supply/snack tent by the library will be taken down and all supplies and food will be at the church.
Right now, we have the following suggestions for volunteers:
- If you have volunteered here before, go back and reconnect with the same family, families, or business, and see if they can use your help. If not, just find someone else to help. Remember that there are houses beyond the center of the village, both north and south along Route 14. There are also a few houses across the river on the Pomfret Road.
- If this is your first time volunteering here, you can check in at the church to see if there is someone who can direct you somewhere. If not, just go up and down the road and ask if anyone needs your help. Remember that there are houses beyond the center of the village, both north and south along Route 14. There are also some houses across the river on the Pomfret Road.
- Come equipped with the same protective gear and tools as before (see previous posts).
- If you have a tractor with a loader or a blade, or a backhoe, ask around to see if people need that kind of work done.
- There is still food at the church, so make sure you take a break and have something to eat.