If you can’t get out to help this weekend, consider donating. If you want the most bang for your buck, donate directly to a community in need. Many communities are using donations to help pay for fuel for heavy equipment, which is one of our largest needs right now. If you are a community that is not listed here, please let us know and we will get you added.
- Text FOODNOW to 52000 to donate $10 to the Vermont Foodbank.
- The United Way of Chittenden County is accepting checks designated to the “Vermont Disaster Relief Fund.” Checks can be dropped off at any United Way office. More information can be found here: http://www.unitedwaycc.org/
- Deerfield Valley
Local Families: Deerfield River Valley Human Web. Help affected families anywhere along the Deerfield River path. http://drvhumanweb.org/ Make checks payable to “Deerfield River Valley Human Web” and send to 14 Castle Hill Road, Wilmington, VT 05363.
Small Businesses: http://www.WilmingtonVTFloodRelief.com. Coordinated through the Deerfield Valley Rotary Club and the Mount Snow Valley Chamber of Commerce, this fund will help offset inventory replacement costs and repair expenses. PayPal donations link at the website; make checks payable to Deerfield Valley Rotary Club, note “Hurricane Irene Disaster Relief” on your check and mail to: PO Box 542, West Dover VT, 05356. All donations will be dispersed to local Wilmington and Dover businesses exclusively.
Wilmington Infrastructure: http://www.wilmingtonvermont.us This fund will help the Town of Wilmington defer the costs of infrastructure reconstruction and replacement. Please make checks payable to “Town of Wilmington Flood Relief Fund” and mail to Town of Wilmington, PO Box 217, Wilmington, VT 05363.
Wilmington: Wilmington Congregational Church, Pastor’s Discretionary Fund, PO Box 107, West Dover, VT 05363
Dover Infrastructure: http://www.doververmont.com Make checks payable to: Dover Flood Donations and mail to Town of Dover, c/o Nona Monis, P.O. Box 428, W. Dover, VT 05356. These funds will help the Town defer the costs of infrastructure reconstruction and replacement.
- Killington is accepting donations to assist with rebuilding. Checks can be mailed to:
Killington Town Manager
2076 River Road
Killington, VT 05751
Irene’s Islands is raising money to help the town of Killington. Donations may be made online at http://helpkillington.com/donate-2/ or checks can be mailed to:
We are K-Town/Irene’s Islands
c/o Linda Ross
PO Box 266
Fair Haven, VT 05743
- Waterbury: Revitalizing Waterbury is asking for donations to assist small business owners affected by flooding. Donations can be made online at http://www.revitalizingwaterbury.org/contribute.php or checks may be made out to:
Revitalizing Waterbury BFRF
P.O. Box 473 Waterbury, VT 05676
The Waterbury Congregational Church has set up a fund to help Waterbury residents in need of immediate financial assistance. Donations can be made via their website at http://waterburyucc.org/ or checks can be mailed to:
Waterbury Good Neighbor Fund
C/o Waterbury Congregational Church
8 North Main St.
Waterbury, VT 05676
- The town of Rochester is accepting donations to assist in recovery efforts. Checks can be made out to:
Relief For Rochester Vermont
c/o Town of Rochester
P.O. Box 238
Rochester, VT, 05767
- The Intervale Center (Burlington) is accepting donations to help farmers who have lost their crops to flooding. Checks designated to the “Intervale Center Farmers Recovery Fund” can be mailed to:
The Intervale Center
180 Intervale Road
Burlington, VT 05401
- The Mad River Valley Community Fund is accepting donations to aid affected Mad River Valley residents. Checks can be mailed to:
Mad River Valley Community Fund
P.O. Box 353
Waitsfield, VT 05673
- The Weston Playhouse has sustained a large amount of damage and is accepting donations to help with repairs. Checks can be mailed to:
Weston Playhouse Theatre Co.
703 Main St.
Weston, VT 05161
- VT Irene Flood Relief is raising money to assist Vermont small business owners affected by flooding. Donations can be made via their website at http://www.vtirenefund.org/donate/ or checks can be mailed to:
Attn: VT Irene FRF
195 US RT 302-Berlin
Barre, VT 05641
- The Farmer Emergency Fund is asking for donations to assist organic farmers affected by Irene. Donations can be made via their website at http://nofavt.org/programs/farm-financial-resources/farmer-emergency-fund
- The Stratton Foundation has set up a relief fund to help the towns of Londonderry, Jamaica, Stratton, Weston, Wardsboro, and Winhall. Donations can be made online at http://www.strattonfoundation.org/
- The town of Pittsfield is accepting donations. Checks can be mailed to:
Pittsfield Federated Church Hurricane Relief Fund
P.O. Box 623
Pittsfield, VT 05762
- Hancock Relief Fund (please make checks payable to Hancock Relief Fund)
P.O. Box 37
Hancock, VT 05748
- The town of Stockbridge is accepting donations to aid in rebuilding and repair efforts. Checks can be sent to:
Town of Stockbridge – Disaster Relief
PO Box 39
Stockbridge, VT 05772
Online donations are accepted at www.stockbridgevtdisasterrelief.com
- Brattleboro Boys & Girls Club
3 nights a week, Brattleboro Boys & Girls Club (located at 17 Flat St) provides dinner to 60-80 youth. The 1st floor of their building has been destroyed, including their kitchen. They lost all of their food and equipment (freezers, refrigerators, dishwasher, water heaters). Donations can be sent directly using the link below. http://www.bgcbrattleboro.com/donate/donate.htm