Via the Wilmington Town Website:
Flood Information Updates
9/5/11 at 10 am
- As the clean up progresses, we recommend wearing gloves and masks, especially in the downtown area
- Passes are still needed to enter the downtown area west of the bridge. Passes, gloves and masks are available at the Chamber of Commerce which is in the Split Ends building on East Main Street.
- The Transfer Station on Higley Hill Road is currently full. It will be closed today.
- Ray Hill Road is CLOSED due to structural damage to the wall by Dot’s. It will be closed for at least a week.
- Route 9 Bridge at center of town is still only open to West Main Street and East Bound Traffic during daylight hours. In the evening it is open to all through traffic.
- Town Offices will be moving to the former Rite Aid Store next to Shaw’s. The offices will be open on Wednesday from 8-5.
- Police Department dispatch is located at the trailer at DV Rescue. Their regular phone lines are up and running.
- Monetary donations can be sent to Town of Wilmington Flood Relief Fund, P.O. Box 217 Wilmington, VT 05363. This fund will help defray the costs of rebuilding town infrastructure. For other local donation options, see link at upper right of this page.
- We are currently working with FEMA on getting assistance. We will have their location within the next couple of days.
- Business owners with questions about unemployment benefits should contact Andy Robinson with the State of Vermont Department of Labor at (802) 885-1426
- The Health Center is open daily with extra staff. During off hours, call before going. Please call the Health Center to inform them of any health issues that may be related to clean up. 464-5311
- For other road updates, please check the Windham Regional Commission’s website,http://www.windhamregional.org/roadstatus or go to Duncan Cable Channel 9
- School will be opening tomorrow, September 6th. EPA has tested and the school is fine. The field outside of TVHS will not be accessible until it has been cleaned.
- Bottled water is available at the livestock building by the town garage for those in need.
- Boil Water Order is still in effect until further notice. Please call Chris Lavoy with the Wilmington Water District at 258-7445 or Water Supply Division at (800) 823-6500
- There will be an informational meeting with the Wilmington Selectboard in the TVHS gym 6-7 on Wednesday, Sept. 7th. A Selectboard meeting will follow.
- The Red Cross truck will be located at the Sunoco on East Main Street and will supply cold lunch and dinner. Lunch is from noon to 1:30 and dinner from 5-6:30.
- The Food Pantry is open to everyone daily from 9-5 p.m. They are currently seeking donations of fresh fruit and frozen meats.