An update on volunteer efforts taking place in Rutland this weekend from Restoring Rutland:
To Our Dedicated Followers and Community Members,
Restoring Rutland has partnered with the Department of Public Works and is assembling volunteers for this Labor Day Weekend to help our community recover from Hurricane Irene. Sand and debris cover resident’s lawns, public parks, and athletic facilities rendering them unusable. We are asking for your help this weekend to restore these areas to their original beauty.
We have identified four locations where volunteers are desperately needed:
- The Polo Fields in Rutland Town – Chittenden East Pittsford Rd. (off Route 7, North of Rutland)
- Giorgetti and Pine Hill Park – 2 Oak Street Ext. Rutland, VT, 05701
- Meadow Street Park – 33 Meadow street Rutland VT, 05701
- The greater Crescent Street , Cleveland Avenue, and State Street Area in Rutland City
If you are able to volunteer, please join us at any of these locations!
- 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. on Saturday & Sunday, September 3-4.
- Clearing downed trees and branches
- Raking sand
- Clearing mud
- Piling all debris for removal by the DPW
What to bring:
- Water bottle
- Any other tools or equipment you feel would help clear these battered locations.
If you are unsure of where to go this Saturday or Sunday, please visit Restoring Rutland Headquarters at 34 Strongs Ave during any point of the day. Staff there will direct you to the area most in need.
Volunteers are encouraged to wear the I Am Vermont Strong t-shirts.
If you have questions please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org